Sunday, November 8, 2009

This Class

When I signed up for this class I knew that it was going to be a very reading, writing, and thinking intensive class. I believe everyone can agree that it has started out as one. I never thought I would be able to analyze poety and literature as I have done in the past couple of weeks. With each discussion in class I feel as though I gain a new perspective and thought into the piece of literature we had read.

4 comments:

  1. As far as analyzing literature goes, this class is definitely helping me. And yes, it is also a very thinking intensive class, but that's what makes it fun and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before this class I would read a book and not know anything other than the plot and a few of the characters. Now I can analyze and interpret the book to where i can find similarities between that literary work and another one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This class has surprised me, I didn't realize how much I knew. This class is intense, and sometimes I feel like I have literally had my head turned all the way around, twice, but it's taught me alot and it's only been a short couple of months. I feel like I've come a long way in interpreting literature. My writing could use some work apparently. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This class is not exactly what I expected. I really enjoy the class discussions and playing sharades(sp?) to write out theme statements. We've already been revealed to so much literature and its only the first quarter. It is kind of hard to balance the reading with all my other schoolwork though, because you can't tell how long a certain passage will take to read. It depends on the intensity of the language (and size of the text). I'm excited for our poetry project and to see what kind of visuals everyone comes up with to showcase their main idea.

    ReplyDelete